Peggy & Twig Pty Ltd (ABN 44 638 998 179)
This Policy governs how Peggy & Twig (or ‘our’ or ‘we’) will manage your Personal Information collected in connection with our business of the design, production and retailing of jewellery.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of everyone who uses our Online Platforms and/or our Services, for them to understand what Personal Information we collect and store, and why we do so, how we receive and/or obtain that information, the rights an individual has with respect to their Personal Information in our possession, and with complying with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2018 (GDPR) when they apply to us.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal Information such as an individual’s name and location, allowing us to identify who the individual is;
- Contact Information such as an individual’s email address, telephone, third-party user names, residential, business and postal address and other information that allows us to contact the individual;
- Financial Information such as any bank or credit card details used to transact with us and other information that allows us to transact with the individual and/or provide them with our Services;
- Statistical Information about an individual and businesses in connection with the Services and/or the Online Platforms.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions:
- to enable you to use our Online Platforms;
- to provide our Services;
- to communicate with you, including about our Services and offers which might interest you;
- to provide you with information;
- to process payments by or to you in connection with our Services;
- to create accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to provide your personal information to third parties in order for them to supply the Services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you.
We may disclose additional purposes for collection of your personal information in collection statements at the point of collection.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Information is collected in association with your use of the Services, an enquiry about Peggy & Twig or generally dealing with us directly or via our Online Platforms.
WHEN PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED & DISCLOSED
- We will not use any Personal Information other than for the purpose for which it was collected other than with the individual’s permission.
- We will not sell an individual’s Personal Information to unrelated third parties.
- There are some circumstances in which we must disclose an individual’s information:
- where we reasonably believe that an individual may be engaged in fraudulent, deceptive or unlawful activity that a governmental authority should be made aware of;
- as required by any law (including the Privacy Act and GDPR); and/or
- in order to sell our business (in that we may need to transfer Personal Information to a new owner).
OPTING ‘IN’ OR ‘OUT’
- An individual may opt to not have us collect their Personal Information. This may prevent us from offering them some or all of our services and may terminate their access to some or all of the services they access with or through us. They will be aware of this when the Privacy Principals apply to us:
- Opt In. Where the individual will have the right to choose to have information collected and/or receive information from us; or
- Opt Out. Where relevant, the individual will have the right to choose to exclude him or herself from some or all collection of information and/or receiving information from us.
THE SAFETY & SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
- If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
- We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with any purpose, including to overseas cloud computing hosts. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
- We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose an individual’s Personal Information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of an individual’s information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
- If an individual suspects any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, their Personal Information, they should let us know immediately.
- Where we become aware of any breach to our security systems that breaches or is likely to result in a breach of your rights or freedoms with respect to your Personal Information, we will notify you and any supervisory authority as required.
- We are not liable for any loss, damage or claim arising out of another person’s use of the Personal Information where we were authorised to provide that person with the Personal Information
COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
- If an individual needs to contact us or has a complaint about our handling of their Personal Information, they should address their communication in writing to the details below:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to
- If we have a dispute regarding an individual’s Personal Information, we both must first attempt to resolve the issue directly between us.
- If we become aware of any unauthorised access to an individual’s Personal Information we will inform them and any supervisory authority as required, at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
Version Date: 29 August 2020